Well this is… embarrassing. I’m coming up short this week because well.. SOMEONE… ate my blog post. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I can’t be alone here.. One day you have a sorbet. The next day you try and grab some photos, but suddenly you don’t have a sorbet? Yea. Sorry guys.
Anyway, I am mostly just thanking the universe that I was tagged by Lauren at Fancy Nonsense to write a post on 5 things you may not know about me because now I can talk about myself without even sharing a recipe. (YES!) In the spirit of keeping this a food blog, I’ve decided to keep them food related, which is proving to be quite the challenge as I think I’ve already been pretty open here about my… ahem.. enthusiasm for things that are edible.
1) I’m really not picky, buuuut.. I absolutely love Reese’s eggs, but I cannot stand Reese’s cups. Something about the shape or the texture. Maybe it’s ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. Who knows. (This is an important thing to know about me.) I hate it when chocolate and raspberry get together. I think white chocolate looks and tastes like chalk, but I will use it in baking. I keep thin mints in the freezer and only use Heinz ketchup. Cheesecake looks and tastes like warmed up cream cheese to me and I’ll put sriracha on pretty much anything I eat. I hate fake sugar, but I will always enjoy a good diet Dr. Pepper.
2) I secretly miss living in Philadelphia so much because it’s the best food city in the world. Ok, I have very little to compare it to and that’s a bold statement, but the creativity that comes out of the neighborhood restaurants in that little city is just something that is hard to come by in my new locale. McCrossen’s and Alla Spina, I’m talking to YOU.
3) I secretly wish that I went to culinary school. Instead I got a History degree.. ouch. Sure I do like working 9-5 and having my weekends to relax, but I’m always a little jeally of the cheftestants on Top Chef.
4) Some pretty common things I’ve never made: a bundt cake (mostly because I never owned a pan), a cheesecake (see item #1), or a coffee cake.
5) I could live in a tub of cream cheese frosting.